One hundred American personalities and 40 family members of the victims of September 11, 2001 announced today the publication of a Truth Statement about September 11, a call to an immediate investigation on the evidences that people in the highest circles of the government deliberately let the September 11 attacks be perpetrated.
A year and a half after the publication of the Great Imposture and the Pentagate by Thierry Meyssan, a Zogby poll made on August 31 has shown that about 50% of New Yorkers think the government had foreknowledge and «consciously failed to act» whereas 66% does not feel satisfied with the report made by the Presidential Commission and wants a new September 11 investigation.
By considering the 12 elements mention below, the statement highlights the wrongly-analyzed or ignored-by-the-Kean-Commission pieces of evidence that goes from crimes committed by some participants and the funding of the highjackers up to the warnings made by foreign governments, including the inaction of the defense systems around the Pentagon. The Statement demands four actions:
• An immediate investigation carried out by attorney general Eliot Spitzer,
• Congressional hearings,
• Media analysis,
• Creation of a truly independent citizens-based investigative commission.
The Statement’s list of signatories includes personalities of all the political spectrum such as presidential candidates Ralph Nader and Michael Badnarik; remarkable citizens like David Cobb and Catherine Austin Fitts, a member of the first Bush administration, as well as veterans of the administration such as Daniel Ellsberg, the former senior official of the Pentagon that revealed the lies that led to the Viet Nam war and retired CIA analyst Ray McGovern.
Other signatories are peace activist Jodie Evans, co-founder of Code Pink, and Kevin Danaher of Global Exchange; former American ambassador and chief of mission in Iraq, Edward L. Peck; environmentalists such as Randy Hayes and John Robbins; businessman like Paul Hawken and Karl Schwartz, general directors of Patmos Nanotechnologies, as well as popular reporter Ronnie Dugger or distinguished investigative journalist Kelly Patricia O’Meara.
The Statement also counts with the support of 43 renowned writers among whom we have New York Times No. 1 best-seller author John Gray, as well as about 18 eminent professors, historians and theologians. Cynthia McKinney, representative of Georgia, elected five times; singers Michelle Shocked and Michael Franti, actors Ed Asner and Mimi Kennedy, are also included among the personalities. The Statement was possible thanks to 911truth.org
We want real answers about September 11
On August 31, 2004, Zogby International, the official North American political polling agency for Reuters, released a poll that found nearly half (49.3%) of New York City residents and 41% of those in New York state believe US leaders had foreknowledge of impending 9/11 attacks and "consciously failed" to act. Of the New York City residents, 66% called for a new probe of unanswered questions by Congress or the New York Attorney General.
In connection with this news, we have assembled 100 notable Americans and 40 family members of those who died to sign this 9/11 Statement, which calls for immediate public attention to unanswered questions that suggest that people within the current administration may indeed have deliberately allowed 9/11 to happen, perhaps as a pretext for war.
We want truthful answers to questions such as:
1. Why were standard operating procedures for dealing with hijacked airliners not followed that day?
2. Why were the extensive missile batteries and air defenses reportedly deployed around the Pentagon not activated during the attack?
3. Why did the Secret Service allow Bush to complete his elementary school visit, apparently unconcerned about his safety or that of the schoolchildren?
4. Why hasn’t a single person been fired, penalized, or reprimanded for the gross incompetence we witnessed that day?
5. Why haven’t authorities in the U.S. and abroad published the results of multiple investigations into trading that strongly suggested foreknowledge of specific details of the 9/11 attacks, resulting in tens of millions of dollars of traceable gains?
6. Why has Sibel Edmonds, a former FBI translator who claims to have knowledge of advance warnings, been publicly silenced with a gag order requested by Attorney General Ashcroft and granted by a Bush-appointed judge?
7. How could Flight 77, which reportedly hit the Pentagon, have flown back towards Washington D.C. for 40 minutes without being detected by the FAA’s radar or the even superior radar possessed by the US military?
8. How were the FBI and CIA able to release the names and photos of the alleged hijackers within hours, as well as to visit houses, restaurants, and flight schools they were known to frequent?
9. What happened to the over 20 documented warnings given our government by 14 foreign intelligence agencies or heads of state?
10. Why did the Bush administration cover up the fact that the head of the Pakistani intelligence agency was in Washington the week of 9/11 and reportedly had $100,000 wired to Mohamed Atta, considered the ringleader of the hijackers?
11. Why did the 911 Commission fail to address most of the questions posed by the families of the victims, in addition to almost all of the questions posed here?
12. Why was Philip Zelikow chosen to be the Executive Director of the ostensibly independent 911 Commission although he had co-authored a book with Condoleezza Rice?
Picture Above: Paul Wolfowitz. Why has the 911 report where hundreds of people died can make him laugh?
Those who are demanding deeper inquiry now number in the hundreds of thousands, including a former member of the first Bush administration, a retired Air Force colonel, a European parliamentarian, families of the victims, highly respected authors, investigative journalists, peace and justice leaders, former Pentagon staff, and the National Green Party.
As Americans of conscience, we ask for four things:
1. An immediate investigation by New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer
2. Immediate investigation in Congressional Hearings.
3. Media attention to scrutinize and investigate the evidence.
4. The formation of a truly independent citizens-based inquiry.
Given the importance of the coming election, we feel it is imperative that these questions be addressed publicly, honestly, and rigorously so that Americans may exercise their democratic rights with full awareness. In closing, we pray and hope for the strength to approach this subject with wisdom and compassion so that we may heal from the wounds inflicted on that terrible day.
Note: All organizations are mentioned for identification purposes only. Individuals have signed this statement as an act of their own conscience, not to signify organizational endorsement.
1. Virginia Deane Abernethy, Ph.D., anthropologist, author, Population Politics
2. Ed Asner, actor, activist
3. Marshall Auerback, international portfolio strategist for David W. Tice & Associates, Inc.
4. Catherine Austin Fitts, Asst. Secretary of Housing in the first Bush administration
5. Keidi Obi Awadu, aka The Conscious Rasta, talk show host, LIBRadio
6. Michael Badnarik, Libertarian candidate for President
7. Byron Belitsos, publisher, Origin Press, author Planetary Democracy
8. Philip J. Berg, Esquire, former deputy attorney general, Pennsylvania
9. Medea Benjamin, activist, author, co-founder, Global Exchange and Code Pink
10. Dennis Bernstein, investigative reporter, radio host of KPFA’s Flashpoints
11. Steve Bhaerman aka Swami Beyondananda, author, political comedian
12. Brad Blanton, Ph.D., psychotherapist, author, Radical Honesty
13. Saniel Bonder, spiritual teacher and author, Great Relief
14. Dr. Robert Bowman, USAF Lt. Col. (Rtd.), founder, Institute for Space and Security Studies
15. John Buchanan, author, candidate for the Republican Party Presidential nomination, 2004
16. Gray Brechin, Ph.D., author, environmental historian, professor, UC Berkeley
17. Fred Burks, presidential interpreter for Bush, Clinton, Cheney, and Gore
18. Norma Carr-Rufino, Ph.D., author, professor of management, San Francisco State University
19. Angana Chatterji, Ph.D., scholar-activist and professor of anthropology
20. Paul Cienfuegos, co-founder, Democracy Unlimited of Humboldt County
21. David Cobb, attorney, national presidential candidate, US Green Party
22. John Cobb, Ph.D., theologian, co-author, For the Common Good
23. Ernest Callenbach, founder/editor, Film Quarterly, author, Ecotopia
24. Kevin Danaher, Ph.D., author, speaker, co-founder, Global Exchange
25. Stephen Dinan, author, Radical Spirit
26. Ronnie Dugger, journalist/author, co-founder, Alliance for Democracy
27. Rachel Ehrenfeld, Ph.D., Director, American Center for Democracy, author, Funding Evil
28. Daniel Ellsberg, author, Secrets: A Memoir of Vietnam and the Pentagon Papers
29. Jodie Evans, co-founder, Code Pink
30. Richard Falk, Professor Emeritus of International Law, Princeton University
31. Michael Franti, musician, filmmaker, human rights worker
32. Janeane Garofalo, actress, comedienne, talk show host, Air America Radio
33. Jim Garrison, Ph.D., president, State of the World Forum, author, America as Empire
34. Bruce Gagnon, Chair, Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space
35. Ric Giardina, author, consultant, speaker, former Director of Trademarks and Brands for Intel
36. John Gray, Ph.D., #1 bestselling author, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus
37. Stan Goff, 25-year Army Special Ops veteran, author, Full Spectrum Disorder
38. Melvin Goodman, senior fellow, Center for International Policy, author, former Senior Analyst, CIA, professor, National War College
39. Morton Goulder, Deputy Secretary for Intelligence and Warning under Nixon, Ford, and Carter
40. David Ray Griffin, Ph.D., theologian, author, New Pearl Harbor
41. Doris "Granny D" Haddock, campaign finance crusader, NH Democratic candidate for Senate
42. Thom Hartmann, radio host; author, Unequal Protection
43. Richie Havens, singer, songwriter, performer, artist
44. Paul Hawken, bestselling author, environmentalist, entrepreneur, founder of Smith & Hawken
45. Randy Hayes, founder, Rainforest Action Network, US National Director, Direction Conservation
46. Richard Heinberg, author, The Party’s Over, core faculty, New College of California
47. Van Jones, executive director, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
48. Rob Kall, editor, OpEdNews.com, president, Futurehealth, Inc.
49. Georgia Kelly, executive director, Praxis Peace Institute
50. Sean Kelly, Ph.D., author, professor of philosophy and religion, CA Institute of Integral Studies
51. John Joseph Kennedy, Democratic Write-in Presidential Candidate for 2004
52. Mimi Kennedy, actress
53. Faiz Khan, M.D., Triage Emergency Physician on 9/11, Assistant Imam
54. David Korten, author, When Corporations Rule the World
55. Frances Moore LappÈ, author, Diet for a Small Planet; founder, Small Planet Institute
56. Scott M. Legere, 25 year radio broadcaster as Scott Ledger, Tampa FL
57. Rabbi Michael Lerner, editor, TIKKUN Magazine, author, Healing Israel/Palestine
58. Michael Levine, bestselling author of Deep Cover, journalist, 25-year veteran of the DEA
59. Joanna Macy, Ph.D., eco-philosopher, author
60. Enver Masud, founder, The Wisdom Fund, author, The Truth About Islam
61. John McCarthy, former Special Forces Captain, president, Veterans Equal Rights Protection Advocacy
62. Ray McGovern, former CIA analyst, co-founder, Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity
63. Cynthia McKinney, five-term Congresswoman from Georgia
64. Ralph Metzner, Ph.D., author, professor, co-founder, Green Earth Foundation
65. Mark Crispin Miller, media critic, author, professor, New York University
66. Joseph W. Montaperto, New York City Fire Department
67. Leuren Moret, scientist, environmental commissioner
68. Ralph Nader, Independent candidate for President
69. Craig Neal, author, co-founder, The Heartland Institute, former publisher, Utne Reader
70. Jeff Norman, executive director, Tour of Duty
71. Jenna Orkin, Esquire, World Trade Center Environmental Organization
72. Kelly Patricia O’Meara, investigative journalist
73. Michael Parenti, Ph.D., author, Superpatriotism and The Terrorism Trap
74. Edward L. Peck, former US Ambassador and Chief of Mission to Iraq, former Deputy Director to the White House Task Force on Terrorism
75. Peter Phillips, Ph.D., professor, Sonoma State University, director, Project Censored
76. Henri Poole, Internet pioneer, board member, Free Software Foundation
77. Robert Rabbin, author, creator of TruthForPresident.org
78. Paul H. Ray, Ph.D., sociologist, author, The Cultural Creatives
79. John Renesch, business futurist, author, Getting to the Better Future
80. John Rensenbrink, professor emeritus, Bowdoin College, co-founder, US Green Party
81. John Robbins, author, founder, EarthSave International
82. William Rodriguez, 9/11 rescue effort hero, founder, Hispanic Victims Group
83. Neal Rogin, Emmy-award winning writer, performer, social observer
84. Allen Roland, Ph.D., psychotherapist, published author and peace activist
85. Rosemary Radford Ruether, professor of feminist theology, Graduate Theological Union
86. Michael Ruppert, publisher/editor, From The Wilderness, author, Crossing the Rubicon
87. Chris Sanders, founder, Sanders Research Associates
88. Karl W. B. Schwarz, President, CEO, Patmos Nanotechnologies, LLC
89. Peter Dale Scott, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, author, Drugs, Oil, and War
90. Firefighter Kevin Shea, FDNY Hazmat Operations
91. Michelle Shocked, singer/songwriter, activist
92. Indira Singh, risk management and computer systems consultant
93. J. Michael Springmann, attorney, former Foreign Service Officer, US Department of State
94. Douglas Sturm, Ph.D., university professor emeritus, Bucknell University
95. Marjorie Hewit Suchocki, Ph.D., theologian, author
96. Chuck Turner, Boston City Council
97. James W. Walter Jr., venture investor, philanthropist, founder of Walden Three
98. Dan Whaley, E-commerce pioneer, founder of GetThere.com, acquired for $750M
99. Burns H. Weston, J.S.D., Professor of Law Emeritus, Director, Center for Human Rights, U-Iowa
100. Howard Zinn, professor, historian, author, A People’s History of the United States
1. Joanne Barbara, wife of FDNY Asst. Chief of Dept. Gerard Barbara
2. Gayle Barker, sister of William A. Karnes, WTC
3. Michele Bergsohn, wife of Alvin Bergsohn, Cantor Fitzgerald
4. Derrill Bodley, father of Deora Bodley, passenger on Flight 93
5. Kathryn C. Bowden, sister of Thomas H. Bowden, Jr. WTC1, 104th floor
6. Janet Calia, wife of Dominick Calia, Cantor Fitzgerald, WTC1
7. Maggie Cashman, wife of William Joseph Cashman, United Flight 93
8. Lynne Castrianno Galante, sister of Leonard Castrianno, 1WTC, 105th floor
9. Elza Chapa-McGowan, daughter of Rosemary Chapa, Pentagon
10. Bruce De Cell, father-in-law of Mark Petrocelli North Tower, 92nd floor
11. Ralph D’Esposito, father of Michael D’Esposito, WTC, 96th floor
12. Loisanne Diehl, Surviving Spouse, Michael D. Diehl, WTC2, 90th floor
13. Adina D. Eisenberg, sister of Eric Eisenberg, WTC
14. Jonathan M. Fisher, son of Dr. Gerald Paul "Geep" Fisher, Pentagon
15. Michael J. Fox, brother of Jeffrey L. Fox, Tower 2, 89th floor
16. Laurel A. Gay, sister of Peter A. Gay, AA Flight 11
17. Irene Golinsky, wife of Col. Ronald F. Golinski USA RET, Pentagon
18. Lori, Jerry, and Beatrice Guadagno, sister and parents of Richard Guadagno, Flight 93
19. Kristen Hall, daughter of fallen firefighter Thomas Kuveikis 9/11
20. Kurt D. Horning, father of Matthew D. Horning, WTC Tower One, 95th floor
21. Jennifer W. Hunt, wife of William C. Hunt, Euro Brokers
22. John Keating, son of Barbara Keating, passenger on AA Flight 11
23. L. Russell Keene II, father of Russ Keene III, WTC2, 89th floor, KBW
24. Peter Kousoulis, sister died in WTC
25. Paul & Barbara Kirwin, parents of Glenn Davis Kirwin, Cantor Fitzgerald 105th floor
26. Barbara Krukowski-Rastelli, mother of William E. Krukowski, NYC firefighter
27. Laura and Ira Lassman, parents of Nicholas C. Lassman, died in WTC, Tower One
28. Johnny Lee, husband of Lorraine Greene
29. Alicia LeGuillow, mother of Nestor A. Cintron III
30. Francine Levine, sister of Adam K. Ruhalter, who died on 9/11
31. Bob McIlvaine, father of Robert McIlvaine, WTC, Merrill Lynch
32. Mary McWilliams, mother of FF Martin E. McWilliams- Engine 22
33. Daryl J. Meehan, brother of Colleen Ann Barkow, WTC 1, 105th floor
34. Elvira P. Murphy, wife of Patrick Murphy, WTC 1
35. Natalee Pecorelli, sister of Thomas Pecorelli of Flight 11
36. James L Perry, M.D and Patricia J. Perry, parents of John W. Perry, Esq., NYPD Officer 9/11
37. David Potorti, brother of James Potorti, North Tower, WTC, Marsh & McLennan
38. Terry Kay Rockefeller, sister of Laura Rockefeller, North Tower, WTC
39. Grissel Rodriguez-Valentin, wife of Benito Valentin, WTC1, 94th floor
40. Alissa Rosenberg-Torres, widow of Luis Eduardo Torres, post-9/11 mother, writer
41. Elaine Saber, mother of Scott Saber
42. Julie Scarpitta, mother of Michelle Scarpitta, WTC Building 2, 84th floor
43. Paula Shapiro, mother of Eric Eisenberg, WTC2
44. Elizabeth Turner, wife of Simon Turner, lost on 11th September 2001
45. Adele Welty, mother of Firefighter Timothy Welty, FDNY, Squad 288
46. Joan W. Winton, mother of David Winton, WTC, South Tower, 89th floor
47. David Yancey, husband of Vicki Yancey, American Airlines Flight 77