Founded by French intellectual Thierry Meyssan, Voltaire Network International is a web of non-aligned press groups dedicated to the analysis of international relations.
Originating from diversified political, social and cultural backgrounds, the members of Voltaire Network collectively adhere to the principles of the 1955 Bandung Conference:
1. Respect for fundamental human rights and for the purposes and principles of the charter of the United Nations
2. Respect for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of all nations
3. Recognition of the equality of all races and of the equality of all nations large and small
4. Abstention from intervention or interference in the internal affairs of another country
5. Respect for the right of each nation to defend itself, singly or collectively, in conformity with the the United Nations Charter
6. (a) Abstention from the use of arrangements of collective defence to serve any particular interests of the big powers
(b) Abstention by any country from exerting pressures on other countries
7. Refraining from acts or threats of aggression or the use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any country
8. Settlement of all international disputes by peaceful means, such as negotiation, conciliation, arbitration or judicial settlement as well as other peaceful means of the parties own choice, in conformity with the United Nations Charter
9. Promotion of mutual interests and cooperation
10. Respect for justice and international obligations.
Voltaire Network does not aim to promote a particular ideology or a world vision, but to hone the critical thinking of its readers. It places reflection before belief and arguments before convictions.
What is Voltairenet.org’s readership ?
During the year 2015, Voltairenet.org received 13,520,955 visits (an average of 1,127,746 visitors per month), from 7,054,849 users, and spanning 26,839,220 pages (source : Google analytics).
The most consulted languages are :
Spanish with 4,597,124 annual visits
French with 3,785,867 annual visits
English with 1,487,305 annual visits
Arabic with 1,352,095 annual visits
German with 676,047 annual visits
The main consulting countries are :
France with 1,128,775 users
The United States with 493,839 users
Spain with 487,795 users
Mexico with 352,742 users
Iran with 350,957 users
More than half of our visitors have a University degree.
What is Voltaire Network International?
Voltaire Network International is the publisher of this website. Thierry Meyssan is the director and legal representative.
Voltaire Network International
148 Des Voeux Road
A dozen authors, the Agencia Cubana de Noticias, the magazines Contralínea, Current Concerns, Horizons et débats, Zeit Fragen, World Crisis Radio and about forty translators work with Voltairenet.org.
All the contributors and translators work pro bono – only technical staff for the Internet site are salaried.
Most of our articles are available in eight main languages (Arabic, German, English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Russian and Turkish). The more important articles are also available in five extra languages - Greek, Dutch, Norwegian, Persian and Polish). A small number are also available in other languages - Chinese, Finnish, Tcheque, and Romanian).